Wednesday 20 January 2010

PTI Valentine Swap Card


Here is the card I made for my Valentine swap partner (KimH). The layout design came from this card by Debbie Olson. I played around with a couple color combos but in the end I liked the sweet blush with scarlet jewel.

Supplies:
Stamps- Simple Valentine & Background Basics:Hearts (PTI)
Paper- White, Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Ink- Fresh snow, Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Misc- scallop emboss punch (EK success), scarlet jewel bitty dot ribbon

Now to go check all of the blogs I have been neglecting for the last few days. On Sunday my husband went snowshoeing in the Sierra Nevada and took a 20 ft tumble off a cliff. Thankfully, he is only badly banged up with no serious injury or broken bones but I have been playing nursemaid to him, keeping him medicated and trying to keep him still. He is going stir crazy in the house and I am running out of creative ways to keep him immobile.

15 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card!!! really love it, I am sure she gonna love it..wishing your DH a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous and elegant card. Hope your husband recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Hope your husband is okay .............

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very elegant card! The scallops are so pretty. I hope your husband is feeling better soon. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combination! And those embossed scallops are awesome. Hope your hubby starts to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your DH wasn't seriously hurt. Prayers of thankfulness. Your cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Tammy. The Sweet Blush and Scarlet Jewel go so well together. Kim will be lucky to receive this!

    Hope your DH mends quickly. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card Tammy!!! I haven't tried that color combo!
    Hoping you husband recovers quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy your card is lovely and I don't why but I wouldn't have thought to pair Sweet Blush and Scarlet Jewel. Im going to give this a try!

    Your poor hubbie! And poor you - it must be hard work keeping him immobile. ;o>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is just gorgeous!!! Love Sweet Blush with Scarlet Jewel! Just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Sweet Blush and Scarlet Jewel, gotta remember that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful design and color combo!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a LOVELY card.. Love the sweet blush and scarlet jewel together! Hope your hubby is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This color combination rocks! I never would have thought to put those to colors together. Thanks for the inspiration. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this colour combination! I never would have tried it (and now must!!) This is such a beautiful card - I love all of the subtle elements you used in the back layer!

    ReplyDelete